Grand Canyon West is a small regional airport located near Grand Canyon in northwest Arizona. The airport also offers commercial flights to Boulder City. Grand Canyon Airlines operate this flight and in 2017 the airport registered approximately 137000 passenger boardings.
X-Plane 11 Version
The X-Plane 11 version of the scenery has to offer PBR textures used across the whole rendition, wet ground textures for the airport, custom ground equipment or highly detailed buildings. Moreover, the scenery offers local landmarks, such as the famous Grand Canyon Skywalk, Guano Point or the cabins at Grand Canyon West.
In addition, the scenery also offers 30m mesh surrounding the airport covering approximately 40% of the Grand Canyon. There is also ZL 16, edited, covering two tiles.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Version
The Microsoft Flight Simulator version offers very similar features as the X-Plane 11 version. There is custom PBR across the whole rendition, detailed buildings, accurate models, as well as local landmarks of Grand Canyon Skywalk, Guano Point and cabins at Grand Canyon West. In addition, the custom orthoimagery is present in this version as well.
- Detailed, accurate rendition of 1G4 – Grand Canyon West airport
- Custom orthoimagery around the airport with artifacts and duplicate objects removed
- Detailed, realistic pavement textures at the airport
- Custom PBR normal maps on pavement add to immersion
- Most buildings feature “lite” interiors providing added depth behind windows
- Ultra detailed, accurate models
- Ultra high resolution textures bring models to life
- Grand Canyon Skywalk
- Guano Point
- Cabins at Grand Canyon West
If you’d like to get this scenery, you can buy the X-Plane 11 version through X-Plane.org store for approximately €13.45. The Microsoft Flight Simulator Version is available for €9.99 through the simulator Marketplace.
If you are interested in learning more about the work of X-Codr, you can read our other article here.