X-Codr, a well-known developer on the flight simulation scene, has today taken to the X-Plane.org Forums to announce the release of new scenery for X-Plane 11. Although the scenery is titled Mammoth Yosemite Airport, it in fact covers over 120 square miles of area including the town of Mammoth and Mammoth Mountain Ski Area.
The scenery itself features, for example, advanced PBR normal maps, highly detailed buildings, realistic 3D vegetation for the entire airport, or “lite” interiors for all buildings. Furthermore, wet ground textures for the airport are included together with automatic seasonal variations and custom mesh for the entire area. As usual, the complete feature list can be found below.
If you want to purchase the scenery, you can do so for $19.95 through the X-Plane.org Store.
Regarding the MSFS version of the scenery, it was confirmed in an earlier forum post, that X-Codr has no plans to port anything to the new simulator. It was explained to be due to the “half finished buggy SDK“.
Mammoth Yosemite Airport (KMMH) is a small town-owned public airport located just few miles east of Mamoth Lakes in California, United States. Although it is used mainly be general aviation, it has a few scheduled flights to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver, Burbank and Santa Ana operated by JSX and United Express.+
Detailed rendition of KMMH
- All buildings feature ultra high resolution textures (most 4 pixels per inch).
- All buildings feature advanced PBR normal maps for realistic reflections and bump mapping.
- All buildings are highly detailed, down to even door handles.
- All buildings feature “lite” interiors to give windows more depth.
- Detailed ground textures with large scale realistic wear.
- All ground textures feature realistic normal maps.
- Realistic 3d vegetation for the entire airport.
- Wet ground textures for the airport.
- Automatically switching seasons including snowy winter version.
- Ground equipment automatically serves your aircraft upon request.
- Animated rain drops
- All models optimized for maximum performance.
- Generic custom rendition of Mammoth.
- Generic custom rendition of Mammoth Ski Resort.
- Realistic surroundings including custom forests.
- Custom 10 meter mesh with color corrected ZL16 ortho. (Thanks to Oscar Pilote for creating the amazing tool Ortho4xp)
- Custom overlay scenery based off Alpilotx’s HD Mesh V4 scenery (used with his permission)
Thanks Gold787FlightSim for the tip at our Discord server.