Active Sky for Prepar3D v4 (ASP4) represents 17 years of weather simulation engine development! ASP4 comes with a new 64-bit ASConnect simulator interface, 64-bit XGauge, air effect enhancements, new visibility depiction enhancements and more. Furthermore, ASP4 also works in conjunction with Active Sky Cloud Art – which is also compatible with P3Dv4 and many others!
Active Sky is one of the best weather engines for Prepar3D v4 for the time being. One of the coolest features is the Conditions page. Here you can just type the ICAO code of the airport you are departing or flying to and it will give you all the information you need about the specific airport. Pressure, Temperature, Surface Winds, Visibility, Airport Elevation and so on.
In-Cloud Motion Effects, Weather Scenarios System, Airborne Weather Radar, P3D Visibility Smoothing and Volumetric Fog Integration, Navigraph Data Integration, Map-based Custom Weather Editing System, Universal Web Companion App, Mapping System, and a High-Latitude Cloud Squeeze Fix are just a few of the advanced features included in the core Active Sky platform.
ASP4 is available in full or upgrade versions. Eligible upgrade products are Active Sky Evolution (ASE), Active Sky 2012 (AS2012), Active Sky Next (ASN), and AS16 for FSX (Cross Platform Upgrade). If you have purchased a license for any of the eligible products, you qualify to purchase the upgrade version at a discount. So before you buy Active Sky make sure you’re buying the right product.
New ASP4 Features
- Redesigned 64-bit ASConnect simulator interface with tight P3Dv4 integration
- Updated XGauge radar and weather display gauge, now in 64-bit
- New Air Effect Enhancements including Low-Interval Smoothing for a more organic and realistic feel to updrafts, downdrafts, thermals, gusts, sheer, turbulence and microbursts
- New Visibility Depiction Enhancements including new low and high altitude visibility horizon distance adjustment options
- New Active Runway Data, showing the active runway in use based on current wind conditions via Map pop-ups, Conditions Screen METAR text and Briefing text
- General improvements in performance and stability throughout
For further information about Active Sky not only for Prepar3D v4 be sure to visit HiFi Simulation Technologies website.
You can buy the product on several web stores introduced on HiFi Simulation Technologies website.