Aerosoft has today released their first freeware scenery for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. The scenery was originally supposed to be included in the simulator from the default, and it is unclear what happened.
The developers from Aerosoft have decided to make this scenery as it is where Aerosoft HQ is based in. The scenery itself features custom aerial imagery for the area, custom terminal interior, or realistic night lighting.
Located in Germany, North Rhine Westfalia, Paderborn Airport offers a short hop to most central European airports and hubs or it can just be your home base for scenic VFR flights in the local area.
If you want to download the scenery, you can do so via the Aerosoft website. The scenery has a total of 3,6GB.
- Detailed recreation of Paderborn airport
- Custom aerial images covering the airport and surrounding area
- Current runway, taxiway and stand layouts
- Custom taxiway signage
- Realistic night time lighting
- Accurate depiction of the terminal interior
- Custom jetway models
- Custom windsock models