There is generally not much attention given to the Russian region throughout all flight sims. Digital Design has decided to change this by releasing their rendition of Sochi Airport (URSS) on the coast of the Black Sea in Krasnodar Krai in Russia for Microsft Flight Simulator.
Serving the city of the 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi Airport is one of the largest airports in the country by passengers. With annually over 6 million passengers, it mainly sees traffic from the capital city of Moscow. It however also sees traffic from countries like Armenia, Uzbekistan, or Iran as well as Izrael.
The scenery itself offers many custom airport vehicles with custom 3D models of vegetation and trees for the best visual experience. Further, there are 3D animated people placed around the scenery.
The scenery does not only cover the airport, but also the nearby surroundings. Over 100 custom objects are placed around the airport representing nearby attractions and points of interest. Including F1 track, Olympic facilities, Sochi Park, and nearby hotels.
Digital Design as well promises FPS-friendly design for the best performance. Additionally, there are custom animated jetways in the scenery together with partial interior modelling and static aircraft.
If you want to purchase the scenery, you can do so through the Orbx website or Orbx Central for approximately €17 with taxes excluded.
- Complete high-quality models of the Sochi airport
- Many custom airport vehicles
- Many custom 3D models of vegetation and trees.
- Custom surroundings including many attractions around the airport, over 100 objects.
- Complete recreation of the Olympic facilities, track F1, coasts, Sochi Park, hotels etc
- Animated 3D people
- Custom animated jetways
- Advanced night lighting
- Static planes and helicopters
- Use of parallax windows in combination with partial interior modelling
- FPS-friendly design
- Correct runway profiles