FSimStudios has released another Canadian scenery for Microsoft Flight Simulator, this time taking a look at Winnipeg International Airport in Manitoba.
Winnipeg International Airport (CYWG) is also known as James Armstrong Richardson International Airport. It is a critical hub for travel in Central Canada. The airport offers both domestic and international destinations and is the seventh busiest airport in the country.
In 2022, over three million passengers passed through the airport and it also serves as a main hub to Calm Air, Flair, and Perimeter Airlines, as well as some cargo operators. Virtual pilots can enjoy flights to the United States, Mexico and the Caribbean from this airport.
FSimStudios created a detailed rendition of this international hub with high-quality textures and detailed buildings with 3D interiors. The 3D terminal can also be turned off to improve performance.
The surrounding area of this airport was also not left behind, and there is a turbine testing facility, Western Canada Aviation Museum and Canadian Forces Base Winnipeg modelled within this scenery.
Full Feature List of FSimStudios Winnipeg
- Incredibly detailed rendition of Winnipeg International Airport, featuring bespoke high-quality texturing all across.
- Very detailed terminal building, featuring fully modeled interiors (can be deactivated for performance)
- Highly detailed models of all airport buildings, objects and surroundings
- Use of the latest MSFS SDK features for optimal optimization and performance
- Fully modelled Turbine testing Facility, Western Canada Aviation Museum (old and new) and iconic Tim Hortons on RWY36
- Very detailed, fully modelled Canadian Forces Base Winnipeg, featuring static C130s