At 1700Z today, a new update for the new Flight Simulator hit the server. This promises to fix issues relating to installation, stability, content manager, SimConnect, optimization and the marketplace. Continuing with their tradition of development update, the team posted the patch note directly on the Microsoft Flight Simulator website.
Before we dive into it, it shall be noted that the Microsoft team recommends you to do a clean install for this update. This means deleting completely Microsoft Flight Simulator from your computer and downloading again around 95GB. If you have any issue during installation process, the Microsoft team is of course available, you can open a ticket with their support service.
The upcoming development update is scheduled for tomorrow.
- The title will no longer crash when different input devices/peripherals are disconnected
- The title will no longer crash when the TBM 930 package is deleted
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a partial decompression of a package
- The install process will no longer be blocked when a local user account includes non-ASCII characters
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a failed connection to servers
- The install process will no longer display an empty onboarding screen under certain conditions
- The title will download a critical missing/deleted package to access the main menu even if the save data preference is set to offline (when an internet connection is available)
- The title will no longer automatically download packages that have been deleted through the content manager
- The content manager will no longer get stuck in an infinite loading state when checked offline
- The Creator name of the packages should now be properly updated
- Significant FPS drop when using SimConnect should no longer affect the experience
- The performance of the title has been improved when the Display name plate option is set to active
- The correct currency is now properly updated in the marketplace