ORBX, the developer who is known for their great sceneries, especially the ones, that covers a big area like FTX Global or TrueEarth series for X-Plane 11. Today, few months after release of ORBX TrueEarth GB South to P3D v4, there is coming whole Great Britain by ORBX.
This annoucement was made via their forums. As stated, this product is made especially for VFR flying experience. There is gonna be an update for Great Britain south as well. In the post, it’s stated that this update is fucused especially on performance while flying. And, it will also extend the coverage area up to 3000km2. Several features of this upcoming product were published as well.
- Hand corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
- *New* Configurable options for those looking for additional performance gains
- Accurate building shapes to precisely match the ortho imagery footprints
- Millions of trees at the correct height and location
- Buildings at the correct height and location
- VFR landmarks such as masts, windfarms, churches, power-lines, castles, stadiums and lighthouses
- Hundreds of custom-modelled 3D POIs
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported
There is no stated release date. So stay tuned on FSNews, as we will inform you about all the updates regarding ORBX TrueEarth GB for Prepar3D.