Being already the second product covering the landmarks in the capital city of France, Paris in the new Microsoft Flight Simulator, it is recommended to read our article on the Prealsoft’s rendition before making a decision on which scenery to purchase. The release announcement was made through the Orbx forums.
Orbx’s version offers its users exactly 215 custom points of interest around the city of which 15 are at high-detail. Orbx says, that the other 200 custom points of interest which are made at a medium-detail are perfectly balanced between quality and performance.
Not only does the scenery feature custom points of interest, but refined night lighting, extensive terraforming, and a custom orthoimagery that should blend with the default imagery, as well.
With the custom orthoimagery, it is important to mention, that Orbx has patched blurred-out miliary areas in the default imagery.
The scenery can be purchased through the Orbx Central or the Orbx website for approximately €9.50, which is about 1€ cheaper than the price of the Prealsoft’s rendition.
Paris is not only the capital of France but a city full of landmarks as well. Being home to the famous Eiffel Tower, Louvre Museum, or Notre Dame, over 20 million tourists visit the city every year. There are two airports serving the city as of today, Paris Orly and Paris Charles de Gaulle.
- 15 high-detail custom landmarks including Notre Dame, Panthéon, The Centre Pompidou, École Militaire, and Église Saint-Sulpice
- 200 medium-detail custom landmarks, balancing quality and performance
- External night lighting for all default landmark objects, including Tour Eiffel, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Sacre Coeur, and Grand Palais
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how our custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Flattening of the Seine River and correcting riverbank heights
- Custom orthoimagery patches across the city to cover the blurred-out military areas in the default simulator