Yesterday evening, PMDG released a small update for their B747 Queen of the Skies II. The update includes connectivity for two weather engines. Compatibility with REX weather radar, which was promised a long time ago, was released this update. The latest version of Active Sky, the open beta for Prepar3D v5, also works with the aircraft’s weather radar. You can select which weather radar you’re using in the PMDG FMS options menu.
More fixes and improvements have been released for the tiller steering module. There are several new options and option menu refinements. Users are strongly encouraged to make sure the USE P3D TILLER AXIS setting matches the setting in your simulator. Other options can be played with until the user finds something the like. A full changelog can be found below
If you have installed last week’s major update, you can install this update from the PMDG Operations Center. If you’re on an older version, you have to re-download the installer from your PMDG account.
- 0008663: [External Model – Geometry] External power cords misaligned. (hvanrensburg) – resolved.
- 0008677: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Text Artifacts showing above AUTOBRAKE label on main panel of 8i (vscimone) – resolved.
- 0006793: [FMS – Functionality Problems (General)] Ground Connections – Power cart not disconnecting when chocks are removed. (hvanrensburg) – resolved.
- 0008674: [External Model – Geometry] 747-8 tail cone light fixture mapping pulling color from the wrong location. (jbrown) – resolved.
- 0008645: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Flight Deck Overhead Emergency Exit textures showing outside textures from insdie the cockpit. (jbrown) – resolved.
- 0008672: [Virtual Cockpit – Functionality/Click-Spots] Click spot for FO’s push to Talk doesnt function properly when PVD option is selected. (vscimone) – resolved.
- 0008673: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Captain’s push to talk switch missing from 400F when PVD is selected (vscimone) – resolved.
- 0008669: [Virtual Cockpit – Functionality/Click-Spots] Wrong clickspot at the AISLE STAND PANEL/FLOOD rotary (vscimone) – resolved.
- 0008686: [Systems – Wheels & Brakes] Tiller steering above 10 knots has gone katywompus (rsrandazzo) – resolved.
- 0000000: [Lighting] Wingtip strobe timing adjusted on 747-8.
- 0000000: [General Functionality] Compatibility update for Active Sky Net P3D.
- 0000000: [General Functionality] Compatibility with REX weather radar.
- 0000000: [IRU] Velocity vector wrongly showing derivative braking data (debug) during active braking.
Source: PMDG Forum