Sim-wings, a scenery development studio, has within the last 48 hours released two new sceneries for Microsoft Flight Simulator. These are the first two sceneries released by Sim-wings for the new simulator. There were no mentions from the developers that they are working on new sceneries prior to the release.
The first scenery released was Ibiza Airport (LEIB) scenery which was released just yesterday. Not only does it feature custom aerial imagery covering the airport and the close vicinity, but custom animated jetway models and up to date airport layout. Furthermore, realistic dynamic night lighting is present in the scenery together with detailed models. The scenery as well features the new GA apron build this year. It is unclear to which point the scenery is a conversion and developed from scratch.
Today, the second scenery was released this time covering the La Gomera Airport (GCGM), a small airport located on the island of La Gomera in Canary Islands. The feature list of that scenery is shorter that the one of Ibiza Airport (LEIB) scenery, but still interesting. For example, the terminal interior is present at the scenery with custom night lighting. The runway is sloped according to real 3D elevation profile, and Sim-wings promises good optimization. As usual, both feature lists can be found below.
Both sceneries can be purchased through Aeroosft. Sim-wings Ibiza for approximately €15 excluding VAT and Sim-wings La Gomera for approximately €13.40 excluding VAT.
Ibiza Airport (LEIB) is an international airport located on the island of Ibiza in the Balearic Islands. It mainly sees traffic throughout the season with seasonal flights coming basically from the whole of Europe bringing tourists to the sunny beaches of the island.
La Gomera Airport (GCGM) is a small airport located on the island of La Gomera in the Canary Islands. The airport sees only two scheduled commercial flights, one from Gran Canaria and the second from Tenerife-North Airport, both operated by Binter Canarias operating mainly ATRs, but has three E195-E2 in the hangar as well.
Features List (Sim-wings Ibiza)
- Features a highly accurate rendition of Ibiza Airport (LEIB, IBZ)
- Detailed models of airport terminals, buildings and other airport facilities
- Accurate taxiway, apron and stands layout (including new 2020 GA apron and PP layout)
- Custom aerial image covering the airport bounds and close vicinity
- Smooth blending into default aerial terrain
- Terraforming to blend airport into default height model
- Runway profile according to official Spanish airport charts
- Custom animated jetway models
- Up to date runway, taxiway and stand layouts
- Custom taxiway signage
- Realistic night time dynamic lighting
Feature list (Sim-wings La Gomera)
- High-resolution ground textures based on aerial photographs with 25 cm/pixel for the direct airport environment
- Detailed 3D elevation model with slightly inclined runway according to real profile
- Full presentation of the interior of the terminal
- All buildings and facilities in the area of the airport and the surrounding area are reproduced with the highest level of detail
- Excellent mood at night and at dusk thanks to dynamic lighting
- All code content compiled using the latest MSFS SDK and optimized for performance