Following on from the successful release of the PA-28R Arrow for Microsoft Flight Simulator, as promised Just Flight’s second release, the PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV, is now available to purchase, as announced in their Facebook post.
The Turbo Arrow III/IV differs somewhat from the previous version in that the Turbo IV has a T-tail (the III in both variants has a conventional tail), and the engine cowling looks more ‘sporty’ because it has to fit the turbocharged TSIO-360. There is also a difference in sound with the turbocharged variants.
All these feature in Just Flights modeling of these iconic and well-loved aircraft. Other features include animations for passenger and baggage doors, cockpit storm window, sin visors, and oil cover, as well as ground equipment i.e. chocks, tie-downs, and pushback towbar. PBR materials have been used throughout with added real-time environmental reflections. For a full description of this release, see the feature notes below.
The PA-28R Turbo Arrow III/IV is available from Just Flight, priced at EUR 34.85. Offers are available if bought with the previous Arrow III.
- Accurately modeled PA-28R-201T Turbo Arrow III and PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow IV, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Numerous animations including passenger door, baggage door, cockpit storm window, sun visors, and oil cover
- Ground equipment including chocks, tie-downs, and pushback towbar
- 4096×4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
- Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft surfaces
- Ground services support (marshaller and fuel truck)
- Full support for MSFS visual icing effects
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads – every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Dimmable instrument, radio and dome lighting, with separate control circuits
- Tablet EFB for controlling various aircraft options, and checking aircraft and flight information:
– ‘Cold & Dark’, ‘Ready for Take-off’ and ‘Ready for Start’ aircraft states
– Persistent aircraft states, allowing you to always return to your cockpit in the same state that you last left it
– Automatic fuel tank switching for use on those long distance cross-country flights
– GPS unit selection – GPS 100, GNS 430/GNS 530 and GTN 750 (requires freeware PMS-50 GTN 750)
– Direction Indicator (DI) or Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI) instrument options
– Aircraft failures (spark plug fouling, vapour lock, oil use and battery failure)
– Passenger, baggage and oil inspection door controls
– Flight computer with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR capable avionics fit including:
– KMA 20 audio selector unit
– KX 170B COM 1 / NAV 1 radio
– KX 175B COM 2 / NAV 2 radio
– KN 62 DME unit which can display information from NAV 1, NAV 2 or its own inbuilt receiver (NAV 3)
– Piper Autocontrol IIIB autopilot unit with navigation, heading and roll hold (altitude hold clickspot included)
– KT 76A transponder unit
– KR 85 ADF unit with ADF/ANT/BFO modes and support for fractional frequencies, e.g. 383.3
– GPS 100, GNS 430/GNS 530 and GTN 750 (requires freeware PMS-50 GTN 750)
– HSI/OBS support RNAV approach indications
- Fully compatible with MSFS VR mode
- Yoke-mounted flight timer/clock
- Independently operated left and right (standby) altimeter with mb and inHg barometric scales depending on units of measure setting
- Developed using the latest MSFS standards, including intuitive and easy-to-use controls for rotary knobs, multi-position switches and levers
- Engine turbocharger fixed wastegate and overboost simulation (progressive engine failure due to overboost if wastegate fails, with EFB controls for monitoring and resetting engine damage/failure)
- Custom-coded fuel system including the option to have automatic switching of the fuel tanks for use on those long distance cross-country flights
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers
- Realistic landing gear system with emergency and automatic release at low airspeeds
- Functioning alternate air and static source controls
- Failures including spark plug fouling, limited battery life, vapour lock and more
- Lighting system includes separate lighting control for instruments (via rheostat) and realistic implementation of navigation light / radio light rheostat
- Functional electric trim control on yoke (requires electric trim button to be pushed)
- Functional ELT which is automatically triggered above 4.6G
- Many other details, such as a passenger door that automatically closes with airflow and vibrating engine exhausts!
- Full support for MSFS checklists (manual and automatic/co-pilot modes)
The Just Flight Turbo Arrow III and IV feature a MSFS-native (Wwise) sound package taking full advantage of the new capabilities. Every little detail has been faithfully recreated based on high fidelity recordings from real life PA-28s.
- Original Lycoming TSIO-360 engine samples
- Detailed physics-based effects on engine and wind noise
- Authentic audio for every switch, button, lever and electrical systems
- Accurately positioned 3D sound sources (best enjoyed in VR!)
- Custom crash and scraping effects
- Authentic retractable gear whistle
- Background panel rattle on low engine RPMs and more!
The Turbo Arrow III is supplied in the following five paint schemes:
- N48427 (USA)
- D-ERMT (Germany)
- G-OBAK (UK)
- HB-PMB (Switzerland)
- VH-LLA (Australia)
The Turbo Arrow IV is supplied in the following five paint schemes:
- D-EAIV (Germany)
- G-BOGM (UK)
- OE-KFT (Austria)
- OK-MAN (Czech Republic)
- N3023K (USA)
A PSD Paint Kit is included so you can create your own paint schemes.
The Arrow III and IV feature realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from Arrow pilots.