MK-Studios, a well-known scenery developer responsible for a variety of sceneries such as Lisbon, Palma de Mallorca or Keflavik, has released their rendition of Ponta Delgada Airport (LPPD) for Prepar3D. They announced the release through their Facebook page and included some preview pictures of it.
Ponta Delgada Joao Paulo II Airport is an international airport located in Azore Islands, Portugal. The airport was opened back in 1969 and it has a two and a half kilometres long runway. The airports’ operations are served by a variety of European airlines, such as Ryanair, TAP, TUI or Lufthansa. Speaking of the destinations, the airport offers flights to Frankfurt, London Stansted, Lisbon, Madeira, or even Bermuda.
The scenery provides us with a detailed rendition of the airport itself and its surroundings, up to date AFCAD, which takes care of accurate airport layout, mesh coverage for the whole island to make the scenery more realistic or even PBR materials and modelled terminal interior, which gives the scenery true-to-life feel.
Last but not least, the developer also attached one preview, which is not from the Ponta Delgada. In the comments, one of the developers’ fans mentioned that it’s from Porto. To this comment, the developer reacted with a heart reaction on Facebook. In this preview, we can see the S32 gate of Porto Airport. The developer hasn’t mentioned any further information about this rendition.
The scenery can be bought through Orbx Central or Orbx Store for €12.62.
- A fully detailed rendition of Ponta Delgada airport and its surroundings,
- Up to date ground layout and stands,
- Satellite coverage of the airport area and Ponta Delgada city,
- Mesh coverage for the whole island,
- Accurate and detailed airport infrastructure based on real sizes and dimensions,
- Detailed AFCAD adjusted for AI addons,
- Custom objects placed around the airport,
- Accurately placed autogen buildings and vegetation,
- PBR implementation for taxiways and runways,
- Full PBR implementation for the airport buildings,
- Terminal interior model (simplified for maximum performance),
- Very realistic night lighting with directional taxiway centerline lights, approach lights including correct brightness and weather/time-based visibility conditions,
- Optimized Dynamic Lightning,
- Orbx Global/Vector compatible.