Orbx has today came to their Facebook page to announce the release of two new sceneries for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. The sceneries released today are Hollywood Burbank Airport (KBUR) and Fairways Airport (OG20). While Hollywood Burbank Airport scenery is a payware, the Fairways Airport scenery got released as a freeware.
Fairways Airport (OG20)
Fairways Airport (OG20) scenery was released few hours after the Hollywood Burbank Airport scenery. It features accuaretly sloped runways, custom buildings with PBR, and 30cm/poixel ortho imagery.
As mentioned earlier, the scenery is a freeware and can be downloaded via the Orbx Central.
- Developed from scratch for Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Custom high resolution PBR buildings
- 30cm/pixel custom ortho imagery
- Accurately sloped runways
- Developed by Mark Silvester and Karl Hoybye
Hollywood Burbank Airport (KBUR)
Being one of the Orbx most-popular sceneries for Prepar3D, it was clear since August 9th that the scenery will be in the first wave of products being released for the new simulator. Current owners of the Prepar3D variant are eligible for an upgrade fee of €9,13.
The scenery can be purchased via the Orbx website for approximately €15,14. Regarding the feature list, the scenery features complete PBR texturing, custom vegetation, good optimization, or unique static aircraft fleet, for example.
- Complete ultra-HD rendition of Hollywood Burbank Airport
- Custom modelling throughout, with complete PBR textures
- Unique GSE and static aircraft fleet unique to Burbank
- Located in default photogrammetry area
- Custom vegetation, grass and non-airside detailing
- High detail, weather influenced ground poly
- Implements start-of-the-art optimization techniques to ensure best performance
- Developed by Matteo Veneziani