MK-Studios has recently released their rendition of Rovaniemi Airport (EFRO) for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Today, the developer released the scenery for Prepar3D as well.
Rovaniemi Airport scenery is now available through Orbx Central and their website for approximately €12.76. The rendition offers a wide variety of features, such as PBR textures used at the terminal building, taxiways, as well as runways. Furthermore, there is a SODE VDGS implementation, which takes care of the more realistic behaviour of objects around the airport. In addition, photoreal imagery of the surrounding area is available as well.
- Highly detailed rendition of Rovaniemi airport
- Photoreal coverage of airport area
- Orbx Global/Vector compatible
- Up to date ground layout and stands
- Accurate and detailed airport infrastructure based on real sizes and dimensions
- PBR implementation for taxiways and runways
- PBR implementation for the airport buildings
- Very realistic night lighting with directional taxiway centerline lights approach lights including correct brightness and weather/time-based visibility conditions
- Dynamic Lightning
- SODE Jetway/VDGS
Rovaniemi is a popular destination, especially during Christmas time. This is because there’s a Santa’s Village located, as well as Santa Park. Both of these are near the airport, which makes this destination interesting for flight simmers as well.
If you are interested in learning more about the Microsoft Flight Simulator version of the scenery, you can read our other article here.