Orbx, the developer of many high-quality sceneries for flight simulators, today released a new platform – Orbx Central. Orbx Central will replace the current platform, FTX Central. This was announced on Orbx forums by Ben McClintock, the member of Melbourne-based development team.
If I should point out a few features, I would point out a totally new UI, the ability to choose your own scenery location and enable/disable auto-updates. You can read the full forum post here.
More screenshots of the new platform are available here.
- Cross-Platform: whether you use Windows, macOS or Linux, Orbx Central will work for you.
- Modern UI: the user interface has received a full overhaul, making it easier to use than ever before.
- In-App Purchasing: you can now purchase and install Orbx products completely within Central! If you take the optional step to save your card, you can even complete purchases with just a few clicks!
- Automatic Updates: never wonder if you’re using the latest version of Orbx scenery – Central will keep them up-to-date automatically.
- Install Anywhere: want to install your Orbx scenery to another drive? Libraries make this easy. You can choose any location you wish, and have your Orbx scenery intelligently linked back into your simulator (using symbolic links in X-Plane and Aerofly, and add-on packages in Prepar3D v4).
- Add-On Packages Support (add-on.xml): we now use add-on packages for Prepar3D v4! This means that if you need to re-install your whole simulator, you will not need to re-install all of your Orbx products.
- Speed Improvements: the download and install component of Central has been completely re-written. It is now more robust, stable, and faster than ever before!