Orbx, a well-known scenery developer for both Prepar3D X-Plane 11, has today released a service pack for the Australia v2 scenery for Prepar3D and FSX. The release was announced by Ed Correia via the Orbx forums.
The new update features more than 70 additional airports that are not included in the base game, cityscape of Melbourne or close to 2000 tall antennae, masts, smokestacks, firetowers, and power plant structures, for example. As usual, the complete changelog can be seen below.
Australia v2 is a landclass-style region that brings together everything on a massive scale. Almost 700 airports have been upgraded or created from scratch, giving you the perfect opportunity to criss-cross the country in true VFR style.
The service pack can be downloaded via Orbx Central. Downloading the scenery via FTX Central will no longer work.
New content (see FTX_AUv2_New_Content_SP1.kmz):
- more than 70 additional airports, airfields, and seaplane bases not included in default FSX/P3D
- Cityscape Melbourne: new custom buildings of Sealife Aquarium, Yarra helipad, Microflite Building; Gas Brigades Fire Show objects (no dynamic effects) at Crown Melbourne on Yarra River Southbank
- photoreal saltpans and colorful lakes: added Lake Barlee, Lake Lefroy, Lake Darlot, Esperance Lakes, Lake Hillier, and Hutt Lagoon
- photoreal mines: added Christmas Creek, Cloud Break, Duketon, Lake Lefroy, Ernest Henry, Jacinth-Ambrosia, and Tropicana
- added close to 2,000 tall antennae, masts, smokestacks, firetowers, and power plant structures
Enhancements and bug fixes:
- Cityscape Melbourne: various improvements on ground textures, city models and autogen; fixed crash issues on city models
- fixed missing land south of Adelaide: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/174419-aus-v2-south-of-adelaide-airport/
- landclass improvements for coal loading area at Abbott Point: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/172071-australia-v2-area-12-james/
- removed farmland from Mt. Lindesay -28.3440549 152.71395 GOLD 8842: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/183263-au2-mt-lindesay-nsw/
- fixed morphing textures west of Richmond AFB: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173939-au-australia-v2/?tab=comments#comment-1523547
- adjusted Lake Hamilton dry/wet areas: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/174222-australia-2-lake-hamilton-lacks-water/?tab=comments#comment-1526511
- added missing rock textures at Newcastle: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173939-au-australia-v2/?do=findComment&comment=1527943
- fixed landclass issues at Alice Springs: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173939-au-australia-v2/?do=findComment&comment=1529053
- many landclass improvements throughout AU, especially in the transition area of subregions
- removed mesh spike at -28.1826 151.8907: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/174682-ausv2-mesh-spike/
- corrected orientation of airport gable markers: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/173876-orbx-au-v2-incorrect-gable-marker-orientation/
- YBWW Brisbane West Wellcamp; added runway lights: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/175718-aus2-no-runway-lights-ybww/
- YTNB Tanbar; fixed crashes in P3D: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/174235-crash-in-australia-v2-at-ytnb/
- YBGD Boolgeeda; added paved runway and improved local road system: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/176177-boolgeeda-airport-ybgd-in-au-v2/
- YMBT Mount Beauty; added airport as requested: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/175681-yhot-elevation-issue/?tab=comments#comment-1537614
- YMUL Murray Field; fixed invisible building: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/176320-floating-buildings-australia-v2-ymul/
- YMHB Hobart; fixed incorrect displaced threshold: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/174260-ymhb-in-australia-v2/
- YWBN Wedderburn; fixed reversed runway markings: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/174006-mr/?tab=comments#comment-1524582
- YKBR Kalbarri; fixed reversed runway markings: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/185877-ykbr-incorrect-runway-marking/
- YBGD Boolgeeda; changed runway type to paved: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/176177-boolgeeda-airport-ybgd-in-au-v2/