Orbx has re-released their famous scenery of Leeds Bradford Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This well-known scenery for X-Plane and Prepar3D is now available with a significant overhaul on Asobo’s platform.
Leeds Bradford Airport (EGNM) is an international airport serving the city of Leeds in Central United Kingdom. The airport was previously known as Yeadon Aerodrome and currently is the largest airport in Yorkshire. It serves Leeds Bradford, as well as York, Wakefield and Harrogate.
The airport opened in 1931 and was largely used for general aviation and training purposes. The airport was rebuilt in 1965 after the old terminal was destroyed in a fire. This included a new runway, as well as a new terminal that opened to the public in 1968.
In the 1980s, the airport went through more expansions, and routes to Toronto started operating with Boeing 747s and even Concorde operated charter flights to this airport until 2000.
Currently, the largest operator at this airport remains Jet2.com, with Ryanair following after. Virtual pilots can do flights to the whole of Europe from here, including destinations like Dublin, Belfast, Alicante, Warsaw and even Keflavik or Corfu.
The updated scenery offers an up-to-date 2023 layout of the airport, a completely reworked PBR across the whole scenery, a highly detailed terminal, interior and control tower, as well as custom runway lights, detailed surroundings and animations.
Leeds Bradford v2 Features
- Up-to-date 2023 airport layout
- Fully re-worked PBR ground poly
- Accurately placed custom lighting with realistic colour temperatures
- LOD (Level of Detail) optimisations throughout to ensure the best performance
- Animated custom jetways
- Highly detailed ATC tower interior with animated air traffic controllers
- A new detailed drop-off area
- Detailed walkway interior with realistic signage and night lighting
- New baggage facility extension
- Custom stop bars with on and off functionality based on distance
- Custom runway guard lights (wigwags)
- Hand-placed animated horses
- Detailed spotting area west of runway 14
- Updated bendy busses, fuel station, barriers, signage, fences and awnings
As Orbx seems to focus more on the British Isles lately, we might see more high-quality releases like this in the near future. You can also take a look at their previously shown-off British Isles Mesh or TrueEarth Landmarks for Southern Great Britain.
You can get this scenery through the Orbx website and their Central app for approximately €16.60.