QualityWings has recently updated their rendition of Boeing 787 aircraft, all available models (-8,-9 and -10). The main feature in this update is a Prepar3D v5 compatibility.
However, the P3D v5 compatibility is not the only thing in this update. The EFB available in the aircraft now supports the Navigraph charts, so you can log in and use it directly from the QW 787 EFB. This service pack (or an update if you want) has provided us with a fundation for FS2Crew, which will be available as a separate add-on. That means, we will get a FS2Crew virtual copilot to the QW 787. The developers also reworked the HUD and fixed a lot of bugs, which can be seen in the changelog below.
The update for this aircraft, for all P3D v4 customers, is compeletly for free. However, the FSX version should have a paid upgrade.
- FS2Crew Support (QW Config has the option to enable/disable)
- EFB: Navigraph charts support (Navigraph subscription required)
- HUD: Brake Deceleration Scale
- CDU/EICAS: Insufficient fuel warning
- CDU: SID/STAR speed restrictions
- Panelsave: Default Preflight Panelstate added
- Prepar3Dv5 compatibility
- ASP3D (ActiveSky P3D) compatibility
- CDU: Place bearing/distance does not work with two-letter nav waypoints
- CDU: Descent Page speed entries in backwards order (should be Mach/Ias)
- CDU: scratchpad entries have to be repeated multiple times before accepted
- CDU/AUX: Calendar date displayed is incorrect by one day in January
- CDU: Forecast page, Activesky snapshot folder not found (FSX-SE)
- CHKL: Shutdown checklist Wxr radar status not detected
- HUD: FPV display over-reacting to wind effects
- HUD: Compass rose to head bug not working
- HUD: Compass does not switch between HDG and TRK mode.
- HUD: Numerous visual improvements and fixes
- ND: Weather Radar not working with native FSX-SE Active Sky
- ND: ILS final approach waypoints being off slightly to the right of rwy centerline
- ND: Terrain display is offset by a few degrees
- PFD: FO FPV does not stay on when selected
- PFD: Minimums bar on the altitude tape displays in reset mode
- DU: EICAS does not transition to FO side when SYS page is on left side of FO DU
- Panelsave: various improvements and fixes
- VC: “STAB CUTOFF” text fixed to read “STAB CUTOUT”
- Sounds: Flightcrew briefings and callouts play even if QWCAS is disabled
- Exterior: Wing vortex generators appear black in certain lighting conditions
- HYD: C ELEC pump logic reworked
- EFB: TO PERF does not show the Baro pressure in InHG
- Autoflight: Holding pattern logic improved
- EICAS: “CONFIG FLAPS” warning does not clear on 787-9
- EICAS: VNAV STEP CLIMB does not clear after step climb
- CTD: various stability improvements
- jump ahead: Elapsed time does not adjust when using Jump Ahead feature
The developer also informed in the Facebook post, that the Ultimate 757 and BAE 146 should be updated very soon.