HiFi Simtech developers recently released a beta of ActiveSkyP3D which is compatible with the 64bit P3D simulators (P3D v4 and P3D v5). Today, they updated it to Active Sky beta 3 and is now available to download via the HiFi downloads page.
In this update, the developer focused on the P3D v5 compatibility updates, they updated documentation and they also attempted to fix some crash to desktop issues when using ASP3D with Prepar3D v5. Also, the stability issues were attempted to fix in Prepar3D v4 simulator. Basically, the main concern of this update is bug fixing. The developers, as noted in the forums post, are working hard to address the issues reported for a better experience in the newest ASP3D weather engine.
If you use the ActiveSky Cloud Art, you’ll have to update it to B7446 for compatibility.
– P3Dv5 Compatibility Updates
– Documentation updated (first draft, now ready for review and feedback)
– Fixed precipitation issue with ambient precipitation rate for v5
– Attempted fix for P3Dv5 CTD / crash issues including crash triggered by higher-latitude areas above 53N with EA mode off
– Attempted fix for stability / crash issues in v4
– Attempted a fix for external radar related CTD (“range change”) in some cases
– Attempted a fix for cloud model issues and/or missing .cld files in some cases
– Attempted a fix regarding textures and clouds and potential interference from default or other add-on content
– Attempted fix for intermittent strange sky coloring issue in both v4 and v5
– Fixed an issue with overcast patterns in detailed radar when using ASCA overcast
– Fixed cloud base/thickness discrepancy issues in some cases
– Fixed an issue related to in-cloud detection
– Fixed runway selection issue, now using Navigraph runway data vs. simulator scenery runway data
– Fixed an issue that could prevent cloud movement with the wind (in v4)
– Attempted fix for German character handling issue within e-mail addresses causing login error
– Adjusted New user registration form for more intuitive security question selection process
– Fixed problem with survey form scrollbar not showing
– UI Adjustments
– Updated survey for separate beta #3 trigger and response tracking
– Change from single shortcut to 2 shortcuts, one for each P3D version variant (v4) or (v5), to quickly startup in the appropriate mode without need for choosing version – Version question will still be asked on first run
– Made -simVersion command line argument non-case-sensitive
– Fixed window size/position/dock status not saved/recalled properly issue
– Enabled additional verbose logging for identifying and tracking various reported issues
The source of this article can be found here.