The streak of iniBuilds Summer Surprises continues with the release of new scenery for Microsoft Flight Simulator. After a long wait, flight simulator enthusiasts can now enjoy flights to the Hawaiian capital like never before.
Table of Contents
About Honolulu Airport
Honolulu International Airport (PHNL) is the largest airport serving Hawaii. The airport is also known as Daniel K. Inouye International Airport and is located about five kilometres away from Honolulu’s Central Business District.
The airport opened in 1927 as John Rodgers Airport, after the WWI naval officer. In 1962, the airport went through a significant redesign, and it was used vastly by the legendary Pan Am for their transpacific flights, connecting Fiji, New Caledonia and New Zealand with the United States.
The airport was yet again modernized in 2006 to its current state, and the airport is now operated by four major runways, and two terminals and has 60 gates.
Virtual pilots can enjoy flights to both domestic and international destinations across the globe. There are flights to Seoul-Incheon, Melbourne, Sydney, Sacramento, Chicago O’Hare and even Tokyo and Edmonton.
iniBuilds Honolulu Release
The announcement shows the airport in its full glory in the world of Microsoft Flight Simulator. The iniBuilds team showed various screenshots showcasing the scenery from both external and internal perspectives.
The scenery offers hand-crafted ground polygons with crisp textures and accurate texture sets for runways, aprons, paths and even surrounding roads.
Furthermore, accurate modelling and up-to-date airport layout is going to excite any flight simulator enthusiast. All GSX Pro users are going to be happy about the custom GSX profile that is included with the scenery download.
- Hand-crafted ground poly, textures with crisp, bespoke texture sets (Runways, aprons, paths, roads)
- True-to-life airport landside recreation with custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, parking barriers and more
- Accurately modelled and positioned dynamic airport lighting
- Highly detailed models of all airport buildings, objects and surroundings
- Bespoke taxi signage as it is in the real world
- Up-to-date airport layout reflecting the current, real-world location
- Custom-built jetways with realistic variations using PBR texturing and animations, including gate number toppers
- Fully modelled Cultural Garden, along with custom buildings with unique artwork that adorn the buildings
- Level of Detail (LOD) optimisation for every model to encourage the best performance possible
- Use of the latest MSFS SDK features to allow for the best optimisation and performance possible
- Custom static aircraft
- Full iniManager compatibility to configure your scenery for the best possible performance for your system
- Custom GSX profile included made by the amazing RW Profiles – some more news on that on Friday 1 Sept
Is RW Profiles Joining iniBuilds?
In the last feature list paragraph, we can see that the GSX Pro Profile for this scenery is done by RW Profiles, who left Flightsim.to recently. You can read more about that in our previous article.
iniBuilds mentioned that there is some more news regarding this coming on Friday, the first of September. This might mean that RW Profiles and iniBuilds are going to partner up to bring their GSX profiles into one place again.