Today, 8th of October, JustSim has released their v2 update for Linz airport (LOWL).
The Austrian airport now has features like PBR 3D models, animated windsocks and much more. At the bottom of this article, you can read the full changelog/improvements that are included in v2 of LOWL.
Linz Airport, also known as Blue Danube Airport, is an international airport located near the Austrian city Linz, which is the 3rd largest city in Austria. The airport serves several destinations, with the most popular ones being Dusseldorf and Frankfurt.
Version 2 of JustSim’s rendition of LOWL has the following features:
- Shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on terminal and other airport buildings
- More than 350 square km of photo scenery
- More than 7,500 objects manually placed autogen.
- High resolution ground textures / Custom runway textures
- Ground polygons made with the requirements of the SDK Prepad 3D
- Dynamic lighting of the apron
- High resolution building textures.
- Fully AI traffic compatible.
- Excellent night effects.
- Optimized for excellent performance.
- Animated Birds
- Many animated custom ground vehicles.
- 3D grass
- Fully 3d taxiways lighting.
- Automatic season change for vegatation, photobackground
- Realistic reflections during rain
Changelog for V2.0:
- Texture ground polygons was changed.
- Ground polygons were compiled using SDK 4.4-PBR materials used.
- Animated wind socks (SODE) have been added.
- AFCAD file has been modified.
- A custom profile file for GSX has been added.
- Lighting on the runway taxiways has been changed.
- Dynamic lighting has been added/changed.
- New autogen objects have been added.
- 3D models now use PBR materials (SDK 4.4)
- Additional optimization performed
- Small fix
Existing costumers of JustSim Linz are entitled to an upgrade offer. Upgrading to v2 will cost €5,- excl. VAT. If you did not own JustSim Linz before you can buy it at Simmarket for a price of €21,66 which included 21% VAT.