Orbx today released their rendition of Melbourne Landmarks for Microsoft Flight Simulator, which was announced a few days ago. We wrote an article on the announcement topic as well. The developer shared the news through their social media accounts.
Melbourne is the third-largest city in Australia and also the home of Orbx, the developer of the scenery. The scenery includes over 200 custom buildings across various design eras – from Victorian buildings to modern skyscrapers. There also are custom animations, such as hot air balloons, CBD Metro, race horses and more. The Landmarks Melbourne rendition is fully compatible with World Update VII – Australia.
- More than 200 custom buildings and structures.
- Detailed representation of the Port of Melbourne and adjacent industrial areas.
- Helipads on several rooftops, as well as on floating platforms along the Yarra River.
- Animated Hot Air Balloons north of the CBD, visible on mornings with clear weather.
- Animated CBD Metro trains on the viaduct between Flinders and Southern Cross stations.
- Animated racehorses on Moonee Valley and Flemington racecourse.
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, marinas, tall powerline towers, etc.
- Precise placement of our custom landmarks within the simulator’s terrain and the city’s photogrammetry coverage.
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography.
- Fully compatible with World Update 7 Australia and is meant to be used with it.