Welcome to the seventeenth installment of The Workshop – a series dedicated to the latest news and updates regarding FlyByWire’s work on the A32NX and the upcoming A380. Our previous episodes can be read here. The Workshop is written directly by the FlyByWire team within the FSNews and FlyByWire partnership.
New Stable Release
We are proud to release a new stable version of our aircraft, v0.6.0. This version has over 230 improvements since the last stable version. Please note, the plane will now appear independently from the default A320neo.
We have released a new version of the installer. This update adds the livery converter functionality, which you can use to convert liveries for compatibility. It also includes a redesigned UI.
Features of the Week
- Fixes to ELEC system implementation
- Fixes to RMP lights behaviour
- Fixes to display unit
- 3D Brake gauge implementation
Work in Progress
- Complete from-scratch rework of autopilot systems (routing, autoflight)
- Option to change fuel unit on the flyPad fuel page
- Realistic system simulations
- Current work focusing on custom hydraulics
- Additional EFB features
- Redesign of global UI with a new sidebar layout and better readability
- Navigraph Charts integration
- More options in the Settings page, allowing tuning of various aircraft parameters
- Takeoff and landing performance calculator
- Avionics rewrite (PFD, ECAM, MCDU and FCU) – for performance improvements and easier code maintenance
Our next episode of The Workshop is scheduled to be published on April 30th.