Orbx has taken to their own forums to announce an update to their popular release of Cityscape Sydney for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Developed by Frank Schnibben the update brings in lots of new content such as an animated Ferris wheel at Luna Park, lighthouses (with animated lights), cruise ships, ferries, and other boats, in addition to light rail trains and a 3D cliff between Bondi Beach and South Head.
Fixes and improvements include the correction of misplaced objects, improvement on textures, and bridges made to be flyable under.
The Cityscape Sydney update is yet to be released through Microsoft Marketplace but has been submitted and awaiting clearance. The original can be purchased here for EUR 8.07.
- Misplaced objects corrected.
- New textures on many objects (e.g. AMP building).
- Overall improved textures.
- Removed some of the ugliest default road overlays
- Made the bridges flyable under (Harbour B. and Anzac B.).
- Improved alignment with FlyTampa YSSY.
- 3D cliff between Bondi Beach and South Head
- Luna Park (with animated ferris wheel) incl. North Sydney Swimming Pool and Milsons Point wharf
- 3D dockyard on Garden Island (HMAS Kattabul, Cowper wharf)
- Quay Quarter Tower
- White Bay cruise terminal
- Brickpit ring walk
- Parramatta POIs:
- Meriton + Altitude
- 6-8 Square
- 4 Square
- Sydney Water HQ
- Bankwest Stadium
- Lighthouses (with animated lights):
- Light Rail trains
- 2 cruise ships:
- Queen Mary 2 at Overseas Cruise Terminal
- Sirius (fictional) at White Bay terminal
- 2 new ferry classes placed along their routes from Circular Quay to Parramatta/Manly:
- Added boats and ferry wharfs