After months of teasing and video walkthroughs, probably the most-anticipated project within the flight simulation community was released today as scheduled at the beginning of the month.
Being the first payware airliner for Microsoft Flight Simulator, the Aerosoft CRJ base addon includes two variants of the aircraft: the CRJ550 and the CRJ700. An expansion that will bring the CRJ900 and the CRJ1000 should be released later on with no closer release date set just yet.
The aircraft features high-resolution PBR textures, advanced rain effects, fluid animations of moving parts, or extensive FMS together with the latest AIRAC data. Furthermore, Aerosoft has included a detailed EFB with performance calculator, checklists, fuel and weight configurator, and a settings page.
In general, the aircraft should be developed using the latest technologies to fully use the potential of the new simulator. The complete feature list can be found below in the article.
The Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the current Microsoft Flight Simulator has been built on the experience of the developers from the CRJ family offered for FSX and Prepar3D. Yet the new technology available within MSFS gave all developers involved the opportunity to use the latest in design, system and flight model programming.CRJ for MSFS – Aerosoft Product Page
If you want to purchase the aircraft, you can do so through the Aerosoft store and the in-game Marketplace for a price of €42 with VAT excluded.
For those unfamiliar with the aircraft, the Bombardier CRJ, also known as the CRJ Series, is a series of regional jets manufactured in Canada. Based on the variant, the aircraft can seat up to 104 passengers with a range of up to 1650 nautical miles.
- Highly detailed modeling based on many photos of the original aircraft
- Covered with high resolution PBR textures that convey virtual reality extremely well
- The possibilities of the new flight simulator engine are mostly utilized
- Fluid animations of moving parts such as landing gear, flaps and doors
- The cockpit shows detailed modeling and animations that provide a realistic look and feel of this popular airliner
- Support of advanced features, such as rain effects, etc.
- The flight model is based on Flight Simulator’s new aerodynamic model to provide more realistic behavior of the CRJ in all flight conditions. It has been fine tuned to reflect the performance and reactive behavior of the CRJ
- Included are the CRJ 550 and 700 models with 9 liveries
- Extensive Flight Management System and Honeywell ProLine Avionics including Advisory and Coupled Vertical Navigation
- Delivered with February/March 2102 (AIRAC 2021) nav data
- Navigation data can be updated via NavDataPro and Navigraph
- Head-up Guidance System
Electronic Flight Display:
- Detailed performance calculations based on actual weight and balance and graphical display of actualized load sheet
- Transfer of weight, fuel and calculated V-speeds into the FMS, if desired
- Checklists for all flight situations
- Individual configuration settings for aircraft maintenance, preferred aircraft state when loading and additional options
- Chart display (NavDataPro Charts and Navigraph charts) with position tracking
This option will be made available free of charge as soon as the SDK allows it!
- CRJ 550:
- United Express/Go Jet N504GJ
- Private D-ALKI
- CRJ 700:
- LH/EW Regional D-ACSB
- LH Cityline D-ACPF
- Air France Hop F-FGRZH
- American Eagle N508AE (New Colors)
- Alaska Airlines N215AG
- Delta Connection/SkyWest N608SK
- Delta Endeavor N391CA
- Eight manuals, including detailed step-by-step documentation
- Immersive sounds created using Wwise (so full FS standards)
- Compatible with Honeycomb and newest Thrustmaster TCA controllers
- Many new options to tweak the product to your likings and your hardware