FSimStudios has released Kelowna for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This brings the Kelowna scenery to a third simulator, after previous releases for Prepar3D and X-Plane. It was first announced in a development update in July and previewed earlier this week.
Kelowna is a city in the Canadian province of British Columbia. The airport serves flights to many other Canadian cities. Charter flights to small cities and communities in the territories also serve this airport. Holiday flights to Mexico and Caribbean destinations are common in the summer too. It currently serves as a storage space for WetJets Boeing 737-8 MAXs, which are a part of this addon too. In 2019, it served just over 2 million passengers.
This scenery is a conversion from the previous editions. All materials are, however, reworked to include full PBR. It uses custom orthophoto for the airport and surroundings. It features custom Points of Interest around the city of Kelowna. Hospitals, hotels and shopping malls can all be seen in high detail around the downtown area. A full feature list can be found below.
If you want to purchase this scenery, you can do so from the FSimStudios website for €14.99 or $17.50 here. P3D owners should have received a discount code, making them eligible for a discount. They only need to pay €8.99 or $10.50 to use this scenery in MSFS too. If you didn’t, contact the developer.
- High detailed representation of Kelowna International Airport CYLW.
- Native MSFS SDK Jetways
- All materials converted and reworked for full PBR
- Use of native, highly efficient gITF models
- Custom orthophoto for the airport and surrounding areas
- Custom Made POI around the city of Kelowna, including the hospital, multiple hotels, shopping Malls, etc.
- Ultra-High Resolution (4K) Textures.
- Native night illumination
- Native snow, rain effects and vegetation
- Static Aircraft, including Westjet’s Grounded 737MAX8s.