Gaya Simulations, a well-known multi-platform scenery development studio, has recently released their rendition of Kristiansand Airport (ENCN) for both Microsoft Flight Simulator and Prepar3D.
The scenery development was first time mentioned back in late November last year during a roadmap livestream presented through the developer’s YouTube channel. You can read more on that topic in our previous article.
Although both sceneries have the same feature list, they were both developed from scratch to fully use what each simulator has to offer. They feature, for example, interior modelling for the terminal and tower, custom animations, or custom night lighting.
Furthermore, the scenery features custom winter season textures to accurately replicate Norwegian winters. The scenery should as well be optimised for best performance, and feature custom static aircraft that can be turned on/off. The complete feature list can be found below in the article.
Although the scenery is yet available only for Microsoft Flight Simulator and Prepar3D, the X-Plane 11 version is in development as well, though the release date, together with the pricing details, is still unknown.
UPDATE: Gaya Simulations confirmed through the comment section under one of their posts, that the X-Plane 11 version of the scenery is not planned in the near future.
Located in the district of Tveit, in the borough of Oddernes, Kristiansand Airport (ENCN) provides service to international airlines, and is operated by the state-owned Avinor. It is the only airport in the south of Norway that operates scheduled flights.
Both sceneries can be purchased through the Orbx website. The Prepar3D variant costs about €23 and the Microsoft Flight Simulator variant costs about €16.
- Accurate rendition of Kristiansand Airport with high quality models.
- Interior modelling for the terminal and tower.
- Custom ground service cars with the correct branding and types.
- Custom animations both on the airside and non-airside areas.
- Ultra high-definition and accurate ground layout and texturing.
- Custom made winter variant of the airport including ground texturing and building roofs to accurately replicate Norwegian winters.
- Extensive use of custom orthoimagery for all of Kristiansand City and for approach over the Topdalsfjorden Fjord.
- Custom night lighting including unique taxi and runway lights, plus custom approach lamps and lights.
- Airport optimised for best performance.
- Custom made static aircrafts – can be toggled on/off with control panel.